Saturday 2 January 2010

Piezilla

Do you ever do that thing where you follow a recipe without really giving any consideration to the sheer vastness of the dish it will make?

Today I tried a recipe from Garden of Vegan . Recipe stated it made one pie.... which I was aware is a lot of food for just me and the Hubby, but I was kinda tricked by the fact it contained two of my fav foods, peanut butter and chickpeas. Anyway, I have been rushing about today and not really eating enough and since I wasn't going to be having any side dishes with it, I thought hubby and I could eat most of it.... I think I failed to realise how big the pie was going to be. Ladies and Gentlemen, I present you with Piezilla!



Like the leaves? My Hubby made the pie crust and the leaves too :)



Full of lovely veggies

So you can see the full vastness of it. It's like a pie from a medieval banqueting hall, but all vegan like.

Curried Vegetable Pie with Chickpea Crust, the recipe is on Calorie Count, if you decide to have a go and you like it, please buy the book.

It was actually a very tasty pie. I would recommend it who heartedly, or at least try adding a bit of chickpeas to your normal pie crust, and maybe peanut butter to the filling.

But yeah, I might explode.

3 comments:

  1. Why that's quite a pie you have there ;)

    The peanut butter addition sounds both disgusting and awesome all at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is a supreme veggie pie! Seriously impressive and very worthy of a medieval banquet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caroline,
    This looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete