Queue a Pasta Bake!
Roasted Pasta and Aubergine Bake (Serves Two)
100g Mushrooms (about half a pack)
1 400g can chopped tomatoes
Fresh (1 tbs) or Dried 1 tsp dried Basil
Either 1/4 - 1/2 cup vegan cheese grated or 1/4 - 1/2 cup cheese sauce/fondue
- Slice aubergine and either grill or pan fry with a smidge of olive oil until softened*
- Cook pasta till just soft in plenty of salted water
- Drain pasta and add back into pan
- Add tomatoes, mushrooms and basil. Bring up to a low simmer to soften mushrooms very slightly.
- Assemble pasta bake in medium sized oven safe dish as follows, 1/3 Pasta mix, half aubergine, 1/3 pasta, remaining aubergine, cheese, pasta. Visual text diagram at the end of the instructions
- Bake for 15-20 mins at 200C/390F. If it browns too early, cover with foil
Verdict: Very nice. Next time I might put some breadcrumbs on the top, mixed in with soy cheese for a little added crunch. Throw in whatever veggies you have to hand.
*I used a griddle for the funky char marks
Breakfast was very dull. Cornflakes and soy milk
Morning Snack - Mushrooms, sautéed with a little tomato/chilli dipping sauce and some spirulina added for the trace minerals, served on toast. This had a very odd taste. I shan't be trying it with mushrooms again!
I also made some Cherry Schnapps (American Style) but more on this in tomorrows post
In the evening I made some avocado mouse. I would post this, but it always looks like a big poop in photos, so I won't.