Thursday 16 April 2009

Teriyaki 'Beef' and Noodles - SuperEasy Recipe

Serves 2 - Kinda based on recipe in La Dolce Vegan



I had some Vegan mock beef in the fridge, but I guess you could use anything you liked really, Tofu, Veggie Mince, whatever baby.... you do it your way.

Ingredients
About 1 Cup fake meat
100mls Teriyaki Marinade
Onion of choice (Red, Spring etc)
French Ginger to taste (I had about 1-2 tbs)
Garlic to taste (2 - 3 cloves)
1 tbs Sesame Seeds
Peas or mixed frozen veg - about the same amount as the fake meat.

Rice Noodles according to hunger

Marinade the fake meat in the Teriyaki

Cook the rice noodles - Drain. Top tip, to prevent noodles sticking together rinse well, and mist with a little 'spray oil'.

Spread the sesame seeds on a baking tray and stick under a grill for about 5 mins until brown*

Meanwhile, fry ginger, onion, garlic until the onions are softened

Add the fake meat and remaining sauce, stir and fry on a low heat for 2-3 mins, or until all marinade is soaked up/dried off

Throw in frozen veggies and leave for one min on low heat. Turn heat off and leave for another 3-4 mins

Meanwhile, portion out your noodles.

Add your sesame seeds to the veggies and beef, mix up and place on the noodles.

Eat with chopsticks.... it takes longer and you feel all authentic like ;)


-----------------------------------------------------------
*Carefull, these suckers burn like a redhead on a hot summers day.

----------------------
-----------------------------
Incidentally, I've recently realised why I get so hungry throughout the day... I eat breakfast about 7am most days ;) You would think I would have picked up earlier that this means that a 1pm lunch will be a long time (6hrs) after breakfast.... but I have a tendency to be a bit slow at times.

Anyway, in order to keep my energy levels as stable as possible throughout the day, I try to have a snack mid morning. I've decided to move this to 10am. As my hubby has his lunch break at about 12:15pm, we tend to eat lunch early at the weekends, so it makes sense for me to eat early during the week too.

Anyway, my food intake now looks like this;

7am - Breakfast
3 hrs
10am - Snack
2hrs
12pm - Sandwich
1Hr
1pm - Rest of lunch (Normally a smoothie or something)
3hrs
4pm - Light snack
3hrs
7pm - Dinner

1 comment:

  1. This looks amazing. I'm going to try it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete